Students at Chesterbrook are assessed in many areas throughout the year. Parents will receive a notification letter about the testing their child will have as well as the results of each test.
Some of the Virginia and Fairfax County assessments that our students take are:
- NEW this year: iReady Universal Screener for math and reading for K-6 students
- Grades 3-6 Standards of Learning (SOL) tests and eCART tests
- Kindergarten Math Reasoning Assessments
- Grades 1-2 Math Reasoning Assessments
- Grades K-6 Developmental Reading Assessment, 2nd Edition
- WIDA for ESOL students
- Naglieri for grade 1 students
- CogAT for grade 2 students
The state of Virginia has established achievement tests that are administered at the end of 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grades to measure the mastery of the curriculum. The Standards of Learning Tests (SOLs) test students in the areas of reading, writing, math, history and science. Please plan around the dates that will be scheduled (sometime from early May to early June) so that your child is available during the testing timeframe.
- Grade 3 – Math and Reading
- Grade 4 – Reading, VA History, and Math,
- Grade 5 – Science, Math, and Reading,
- Grade 6 – Reading and Math